Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Carrot Top, Carrot Nose

Last night, I'm washing the dishes after a delightful day of spend managing and a superb dinner from gsully when our red-headed daughter starts crying spontaneously.

"What's wrong?" I asked, and I noticed that she was pointing to and picking at her nose.

"I ?????? ?????? ????? ????? nose. It hurts." she said in that 3 year old way of saying every word clearly except for the 2 or 3 that you need to understand what they're saying.

"Did you pick your nose and give yourself a bloody nose?" I asked.

"No. I ?????? ?????? ????? ????? nose. It REALLY hurts."

After a couple of rounds of this and not understanding what was bothering her and causing this drama, I went over to our sofa, she sat on my lap and I immediately saw the problem.

"I GOT A CARROT STUCK IN MY NOSE. It hurts." is what she was saying. She had a piece of a baby carrot stuck in her nose.

My mind was frantic. What do we do. I went to get gsully for help. The carrot was too far up to grab. Having heard horror stories about what can happen when you push something from your nose into your brain, we were a little irrationally frightened. At the same time, it was hard not to bust out laughing.

We called my Mother-in-law, who passed us along to my sister-in-law, who is a doctor. Before my sister in law could stop laughing and give us some advice, the carrot "dislodged" and crisis was averted.

"Why did you do that?" We had to ask.

"I didn't know it would get stuck up there." she said. "I still want to eat one."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home