Wednesday, February 01, 2006

KING 5 Seattle TV Reporters Love The Steelers


A Picture Share!
Originally uploaded by justinsullivan.

SEATTLE. After arriving in downtown Seattle late last night and waking up at 4 AM simply because I was on east coast time, I thought the perfect way to shake my cobwebs out would be to take a run. So I put on my Under Armour, running shoes, #91 Kevin Greene jersey, grabbed my Terrible Towel and headed for Qwest Field, home of the NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks.

After noticing that the Steeler banner had a sign directly underneath it noting that it was under closed circuit surveillance 24 hours a day, I immdiately abandoned any plans I had to liberate the banner.

As I came around the corner, I ran into this man, Tim Robinson, a reporter for Seattle NBC affiliate KING5 and his camera man. He was down at Qwest doing this live shot, about an NFC Championship Hotdog for sale that costs more than a ticket to the game.

I agreed to talk to them (I usually don't do media on Wednesdays) about my expectations for the game. I was sure to tell them abou the Seahawks rally we had downtown. They agreed to pose with my Terrible Towel. Now they said that they were holding it upside down as a sign of distress, but I couldn't help but notice their complimentary tag team black and gold ensembles. Now that's a news team -- thanks guys.

Overall, it was a very pleasant run. Two cars honked, a couple more cheered, one car booed, but no one threw even so much as a crumpled piece of paper at me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home