Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Bare handed grab..

After 34 years, and scores of games, a couple of near misses, I made a bare handed grab of a foul ball at last night's Barry Bonds tribute double-header at PNC Park. Matt Cain, the Giants pitcher, popped the first pitch he saw from Paul Maholm in the top of the 3rd about 25 rows behind the 1st base on deck circle. I stood up with cracker jacks in my left hand and snatched it out of the air cleanly with my right to a smattering of applause from the few hundred fans around our section. It was about as easy a play as you're ever going to have on a foul ball.

I turned to my right and handed it to my son, called my wife and my dad and settled in for the rest of the game.

BTW -- the ratio of standing ovations to boos for the Barry Bonds tribute last night was probably 4:1 ovations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home