Saturday, July 07, 2007

Just like it was...only better

This photo above is in the queue for the "Behind the Falls Adventure" in Niagara Falls, Ontario.

This year, I've noticed a disturbing trend. In the past 3 weeks I've been asked to pose in front of a green screen San Francisco, CA and Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada so the camera can capture my acted excitement and wonder and impose it on the background that captures that perfect moment before I've even experienced it. My experience on a, drizzly overcast 4th of July is pictured here. I'm not sure how different it would be on a sunny day.
Like a local weatherman or action hero, we're acting out the excitement we are about to experience to manufacture an abstract replica of what will be an actual memory in order to have it sold back to us in it's Photo Shopped perfection -- for like $10.

This is of course something that you can do in your own with your home computer without leaving the house for almost no cost, and of course there's taking your own photo, which also costs almost nothing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home