Friday, November 10, 2006

Happy Friday Evening from Taipei

So, it's been a while, huh? After several weeks my first post since September finds me in Taiwan at the end of a Friday work day on the second (3rd?) day of a business trip that will take me on to Hong Kong, Beijing and Shanghai before returning back to Pittsburgh.

Since September we've moved out of my in-laws and into a new home, and I've moved into a new chapter of my career that has so far whisked me off to Paris, Munich, Dublin, and now Taipei, not to mention Mountain View, CA. Not to mention the dozens of other things that have come and gone that I might have an opinion on.

This morning I woke up next to Taipei 101, the tallest building in Taipei and the world, and while there was no time for exploring during the day, our hosts took us to a Chinese restaurant in the adjacent mall. We sampled a fantastic Chinese lunch with noodles, beef salad, artichokes, green beans, pork with mustard grass, spicy tofu, fish and rice. They got to watch me struggle with chopsticks (gsully would tell you I struggle with chopstick because I don't even know how to hold a pencil) I got a great meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home