Thursday, January 05, 2006

Pittsburgh Immigrants



In the Sully house we have a brand new favorite Penguin. It isn't Sidney Crosby, (although my middle daughter might disagree), it's #23 Eric Boguniecki who comes from my old hometown, West Haven, CT. I think I might have played soccer with his brother when I was kid (after all how can you forget the sound of a coach shouting Boguniecki. Sullivan might look better on the printed page, but it's not nearly as much fun to say).

In a city that's fond of claiming people that live in other places (especially Hollywood), you may be surprised to know that there are other immigrants from the Elm City area thriving in this inland oasis, such as the folks over at Pittsburgh Dish and CMU's Alumni VP, Judith Cole came here from Yale. Try as we might we can't convince anyone we don't live in the mid-west. I suspect that people that move here from Chicago have the same problem convincing people they're not from the East.

My question for former New Haven-ers: Mineo's or Sally's? Even gsully says Sally's, no contest.

1 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sally's--too full of itself and Yalies.

Pepe's--ditto.

Modern on State Street is superior.

Glad to find a fellow former New Havener in the Burg!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home