Monday, September 12, 2005

Running Update: A Three Hour Tour, A Three Hour Tour

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
a tale of a fateful trip
that started from Macon Avenue
aboard size 14 feet

I was a mighty running man
My steps were strong and sure
Eighteen miles was my goal Sunday
For a three hour tour, a three hour tour.

--In memory of Gilligan, Bob Denver who passed away last week at the age 70.

Sunday morning, under bright sunny skies, armed with water, lemonade gatorade and orenage creamscicle gu, I hit the pavement for an 18 mile tour of Pittsburgh/long run. Heading up Murray Avenue, I passed a long line of diners waiting for pancakes at Pamela's. Down through Panther Hollow to the Jail Trail I swam upstream against the Duquesne University track team. Coming into downtown, I ran among black and gold clad tailgaters turned out for the first regular season Steeler Sunday of the year. Around the fountain and up (I do mean up -- all the way up hill)Fifth Avenue, I saw Pitt's campus awakening to it slow Sunday pace. Wilkins, Dallas, Forbes, I finally found Shady refuge and then end of the line in the trails of Frick Park -- fully spent, fully satisfied, on target.

The numbers:
  • Last week's mileage, including the 18 mile long-run was 34 miles, 17% more than the previous week. Total mileage since April 24, is 417.8 miles, in 90 workouts, an average of 4.6 miles per workout.
  • Planned mileage for the coming week: 31 miles.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home