Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Taipei Food Court Lunch


Today in Taipei, I found myself on my own for lunch. So I did what office workers all over do, I walked over to the food court to grab some grub. At the foodcourt at the mall in Taipei 101, the world's tallest completed building, I was able to grab this lunch of pork steamed dumplings, vegetables and soup for $170 TWD (about $5.35 -- Taipei's not really much of a bargain). For fast food counter service, it was delicious. It was served up in the nice bamboo basket and bowls. The big empty bowl at the top is someone else's lunch leftovers -- the foodcourt was really busy and I had to take the seat I could get.
I could not read the menu, I could only point at the picture. This is extra value meal #4. I don't know what kind of soup it was, but I didn't like it very much. I don't know what the vegetables were either, but they tasted good -- cold and crunchy. The dumplings were devine. I didn't drop anything on myself or get dirty eating with the chopsticks, a small victory.
My other choices at the foodcourt included McDonald's, Subway, and Kentucky Fried Chicken. There were a couple of bakeries and ice cream shops for desert, but the bulk of the counters were for meals like this one.
The mall at Taipei 101 puts all of the malls in Pittsburgh to shame if you like high end goods. Prada, Coach, Dolce and Gabana, Cartier, Sony, Nike, Mont Blanc, F.C.U.K, Ralph Lauren, are just some of the high end retailers in the huge mall. Of course, if you are more casual, there's a Wrangler store too.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home