Monday, October 03, 2005

Running Update: 500/50

Less than 6 weeks to go until the Harrisburg Marathon on November 13.

The Stride Against Stroke project hit 2 important milestones this week. First, on Thursday the total mileage run in trainig burst through the 500 mile barrier, enough to run to Washington, DC and back. Second and more importantly the Stride Against Stroke campaign scored its 50th committed donor -- committing to support stroke rehabilitation programs at Gaylord Hospital.

On the minus side, I spoke a little too soon after the 20 mile run last week in saying that I felt great. I had some pain in my right foot near my heal that had me hobbling a little bit for most of the week. As a result I begrudgingly cut 12 miles out of the plan this week, taking extra rest and ice. The good news is that I woke up Sunday morning after my Saturday long-run pain free, and should be able to get back to full intensity this week.

This week's running update:
  • Last week I completed 25 miles in 3 workouts, including a 13 mile long run on Saturday. Since the beginning of training, I have completed 516 miles in 104 workouts, an average of 4.9 miles per workout.
  • This week's training includes 46 miles, including a 20 mile run on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home