Thursday, November 17, 2005

Right Place, Right Time

PHILADELPHIA. I'm in Philadelphia waiting for my flight to Montreal to take off. This will be my tenth flight segment of the month - with 4 more to go. (Thankfully next week the Sully family will be traveling to Phoenix for pleasure, not business.)

Tonight while eating dinner, I sat next to 2 brothers from Boston who had been in 2 separate cities on business and randomly bumped into each other to literally connect in Philly. They were able to share a meal together and catch up before heading home.

It's the second serendipitous moment like that I've seen in the last month. Last month Jeff a sales exec in my company joined me in Houston for a meeting. The meeting had been scheduled 2 weeks prior, but was moved due to a change in the project schedule. The decision to move the meeting just happened to put Jeff, a life long Chicago White Sox fan in the right place at the right time to be there in person to witness their first World Series victory in like 88 years.

There’s no substitute for the luck of being in the right place at the right time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home